Monday, September 8, 2014

MAY GOD'S HOLY WORD INSPIRE YOU WITH A DESIRE AND LOVE TO READ IT, STUDY IT, KNOW IT AND PROCLAIM IT





MAY GOD'S HOLY WORD INSPIRE YOU WITH A DESIRE AND LOVE TO READ IT, STUDY IT, KNOW IT AND PROCLAIM IT

June 29, 2011 at 2:28am
I have compiled these verses on THE WORD OF GOD in an effort to FIRE UP the Saints to dig into THE BIBLE.

enjoy,
Tuese


A disciple demonstrates a desire to learn and apply THE WORD OF GOD through hearing it preached and taught, reading it frequently, Bible study, Scripture memory, and meditation.


1.     Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

2.     Proverbs 6:20-23 My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 21 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. 22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. 23 For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life,

3.     Psalm 19:7  The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.8  The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.9  The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.10  They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.11  By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

4.     Rom 7:22  For in my inner being I delight in God's law;

5.     Psalm 119:9, 11 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. 11  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

6.     Psalm 119:98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me.

7.     Rom 12:1-2  1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

8.     Hebrews 5:11-14 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

9.     Acts: 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

10.   Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

11.   Colossians 3:16   Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

12.   Deut 6:6-9  These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.7  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.8  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.9  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

13.   1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

14.   Acts 20:32  "Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

15.   John 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

16.   Romans 10:17  Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

17.   John 20:31  But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

18.   James 1:18-25  He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.19  My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,21  Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.22  Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.23  Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24  and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25  But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

19.   1Pet 1:23  For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.24  For, “All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25  but the word of the Lord stands forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.

20.   John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

21.   Luke 24:32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

22.   Joshua 1:6-9  "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." 

23.   Matt 7:24  “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.25  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

24.   Luke 11:28  He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

25.   Luke 24.45  Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

26.   John 5:24  “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

27.   John 6:63  The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

28.   John 8:31-32 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

29.   Hebrews 4:12-13  For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give an account.

30.   Eph 6:17  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

31.   2 Timothy 3:15-17  15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.  

32.   2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation,  21for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

33.   Jer 5:14 Therefore thus says the LORD, the God of hosts: "Because you have spoken this word, behold, I am making my words in your mouth a fire, and this people wood, and the fire shall consume them.

34.   Jer 23:28-30  Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let him who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? declares the LORD.   Is not my word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?  Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, declares the LORD, who steal my words from one another.

35.   Isa 55:10  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

36.   Matthew 4:1-11 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." 4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" 5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: " 'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" 7Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" 8Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." 10Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'" 11Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

37.   John 17:17 "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. 

38.   Mark 12:24  Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?

39.   Luke 16.29  “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’31  “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

40.   John 10:35  If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 

41.   Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

42.   2 Samuel 22:31  "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

43.   1 Tim 4.13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.

44.   Josh 3:9  Joshua said to the Israelites, “Come here and listen to the words of the LORD your God.

45.   Deut 8:3  He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

46.   Job 22:22  Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.

47.   Psalm 17:4  As for the deeds of men—by the word of your lips I have kept myself from the ways of the violent.

48.   Psalm 33:4  For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

49.   Psalm 37:31  The law of his God is in his heart; his feet do not slip.

50.   Prov 2.2 -5  2 turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, 3 and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, 4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,  5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. 
51.   Psalm 40:8  I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”

52.   Psalm 94:12  Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law;

53.   Psalm 43:3  Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

54.   Psalm 102:18  Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the LORD:

55.   Psalm 111:7  The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. 

56.   1Cor 2:13  This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

57.   2 Tim 2:15  Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

58.   Heb 6:5  who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, 

59.   Heb 11:3  By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

60.   1 Cor 1:18  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

61.   Isaiah 66:2  Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" declares the LORD. "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.

62.   Isaiah 66:5  Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your brothers who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said, 'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.

63.   John 15:5-8  "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

64.   Psalm 119:9  How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.12  Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.14  I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. 15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. 16 I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.19 I am a stranger on earth; do not hide your commands from me.20  My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times.23  Though rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on your decrees.24  Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors.25  I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word.  28  My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.30  I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.31  I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame.33  Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.35  Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.  41  May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise;45  I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.46  I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame,47  for I delight in your commands because I love them.48  I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees.49  Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.50  My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.51  The arrogant mock me without restraint, but I do not turn from your law.52  I remember your ancient laws, O LORD, and I find comfort in them.54  Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge.  61Though the wicked bind me with ropes, I will not forget your law.66  Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.67  Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.  70  Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in your law.72  The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.74  May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word.76  May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.77  Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight.  78  May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; but I will meditate on your precepts. 81  My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.82  My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, “When will you comfort me?”83  Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke, I do not forget your decrees.  86  All your commands are trustworthy; help me, for men persecute me without cause. 89  Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.  92  If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. 93  I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life. 96  To all perfection I see a limit; but your commands are boundless.97  Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.98  Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. 99  I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. 100  I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.103  How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  104  I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.105  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. 109  Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget your law. 111  Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. 113  I hate double-minded men, but I love your law. 115  Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God! 119  All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross; therefore I love your statutes.  127  Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, 128  and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path. 129  Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them.  130  The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. 131  I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. 133  Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.  138  The statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy.  140  Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them. 141  Though I am lowly and despised, I do not forget your precepts. 142  Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true. 143Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight. 144  Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live.  148  My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises. 151  Yet you are near, O LORD, and all your commands are true.152  Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever. 153  Look upon my suffering and deliver me, for I have not forgotten your law.  157  Many are the foes who persecute me, but I have not turned from your statutes. 158  I look on the faithless with loathing, for they do not obey your word. 159  See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your love. 160  All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.  161  Rulers persecute me without cause, but my heart trembles at your word. 162  I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil. 163  I hate and abhor falsehood but I love your law. 165  Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.  167  I obey your statutes, for I love them greatly. 172  May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. 173  May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts. 174  I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight.

65.   Rev 1:16  In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.

66.    Rev 2:16 'Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

67.   Rev 19:15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

68.   Rev 19:21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

69.   John 15:3  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.

70.   John 17:8  For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment