POWERFUL Comparison between MOSES and YESHUA (and The CHARISMATIC GIFTS CEASING)
POWERFUL Comparison between MOSES and YESHUA (and The CHARISMATIC GIFTS CEASING)
Genesis 15:3, Exodus, 12:40-41, Acts 7:6, Gal 3:16-18, Deut 18:15; Acts 3:22-23, 7:37; Exod 24:8; Heb 8:6, 9:19-28; Ps 77:20; Acts7:40; Heb 3:16; jude 5; Heb 8:10; Jer 31:33; Exodus 1:15, 22; Matt 2.16-17;Exodus 2:11-14, Acts 7:23; John 1:11; Matt 2.15; Mark 16:14-20; Heb 2:3-4; Matt22:7; Rev 18:18; Exod 16:35; 1 Cor 1:4-8, Exod 15-17,34
Moses, the deliverer was a type of Christ. Yeshua is the antitype.
2. Before Yeshua arrived to initiate the second Exodus, there was the 400 years of silence between the Old and New Testaments.
- Moses is God’s prophet. Deut 18:15
- Yeshua is a prophet like Moses. Deut 18:15, Acts 3:22-23, 7:37
- Moses is the mediator of the Old Covenant. Exod 24:8
- Yeshua is the mediator of the New Covenant. Heb 8:6, 9:19-28
- Moses led God’s people out of Egyptian bondage. Ps 77:20; Acts 7:40; Heb 3:16
- Yeshua leads God’s people out of what Egypt symbolized in the Old Testament, the bondage to sin and death. Jude 5
- Moses gave God’s people the Law on tablets of stone. Exod 34
- Yeshua writes God’s holy Law on the minds and hearts of God’s people. Heb 8:10; Jer 31:33
- Moses’ life was almost killed by Pharoh’s command to kill all male Hebrew infants. Exodus 1:15,22
- Yeshua’s life was almost killed by Herod’s command to kill all male Hebrew infants. Matt 2.16-17
- Moses came twice to his own (his people, the Hebrews). He first came to his people when he killed an Egyptian and was rejected by them. Exodus 2:11-14, Acts 7:23
- Yeshua came to His own and was disowned. John 1:11
- Moses left 40 years and then returned to deliver his people out of Egypt.
- Yeshua left 40 years and returned in a generation to deliver His people out of sin.
- (Moses) Israel called out of Egypt. Hosea 11.1
- Yeshua, The True Israel, called out of Egypt. Matt 2.15
- While in the desert for 40 years, Moses and the people experienced signs and wonders and were cared for by the Holy Spirit; manna, water, quail, clothes not wearing out, Pillar of fire and cloud (heating system and air conditioner)…. Exod 15-17
- From 30 to 70 A.D., The special charismatic gifts of that generation were operational: speaking in tongues, healing, not being harmed by poison... Mark 16:14-20; Heb 2:3-4, Micah 7:15
The transition from Egypt to being the covenant people of God was 40 years.
The transition out of The Law to The Covenant of Grace was 40 year and was completed in 70 AD. The Old and New Covenant overlapped between 30 and 70AD.
- Before entering The Promise land, a powerful city, Jericho, stood in the way and needed to be destroyed by God. Joshua 2-6
- Before entering The Spiritual Promise land, a powerful city, Jerusalem: The Mother of Harlots, the murderer of the saints, prophets, Yeshua; the symbol of The Law, The Priesthood, The Sacrificial system, The Old Covenant, The Jewish economy stood in the way and needed to be destroyed by God. Matt 22:7; Rev 18:18
- After entering The Promise land, the miracles in the desert ceased. Exod 16:35
- After entering The True Spiritual Promise land, the charismatic gifts ceased. 1 Cor 1:4-8
Yeshua fulfills the typology of deliverance out of bondage and into the Promise land.
- When The Old Covenant began, 3000 were killed.
- When The New Covenant began, 3000 were saved.
Genesis 15:13 Then the Lord said to Abram, “Know for certain that your offspring will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs and will be servants there, and they will be afflicted for four hundred years.
Exodus 12:40-41 The time that the people of Israel lived in Egypt was 430 years. 41 At the end of 430 years, on that very day, all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.
Acts 7:6 And God spoke to this effect—that his offspring would be sojourners in a land belonging to others, who would enslave them and afflict them four hundred years.
Galatians 3:16-18 16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. 17 This is what I mean: the law, which came 430 years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18 For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.
Deuteronomy 18:15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like mefrom among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—
Acts 3:22-23 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophetlike me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23 And it shall be that every soul whodoes not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.’
Acts 7:37 This isthe Moses who said to the Israelites, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet likeme from your brothers.’
Exodus 24:8 And Moses took the blood and threw it on the people and said, “Beholdthe blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with allthese words.”
Hebrews 8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as muchmore excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it isenacted on better promises.
Hebrews 9:19-28 For when every commandment of the law had been declared byMoses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water andscarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people,20 saying,“This is the blood of the covenant that God commanded for you.” 21 And in the same way he sprinkledwith the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. 22 Indeed, under the law almosteverything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there isno forgiveness of sins.
23 Thus it was necessary for the copiesof the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly thingsthemselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ has entered, not intoholy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heavenitself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25 Nor was it to offer himselfrepeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood nothis own, 26 forthen he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world.But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put awaysin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, andafter that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins ofmany, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who areeagerly waiting for him.
Psalm 77:20 You led your people like a flock bythe hand of Moses and Aaron.
Acts 7:40 sayingto Aaron, ‘Make for us gods who will go before us. As for this Moses who led usout from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.’
Hebrews 3:16 For who were those who heard and yet rebelled? Was it notall those who left Egypt led by Moses?
Jude 1:5 Now Iwant to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved apeople out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,declares the Lord:I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts,and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Exodus 1:15 Then the king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was named Shiphrah and the other Puah,
Exodus 1:22 Then Pharaoh commanded all his people, “Every son that is born to the Hebrews you shall cast into the Nile, but you shall let every daughter live.”
Matthew 2:16-17 Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, became furious, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time that he had ascertained from the wise men. 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophetJeremiah:
Exodus 2:11-14 One day, when Moses had grown up, he went out to his people and looked on their burdens, and he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his people. 12 He looked this way and that, and seeing no one, he struck down the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. 13 When he went out the next day,behold, two Hebrews were struggling together. And he said to the man in the wrong, “Why do you strike your companion?” 14 He answered, “Who made you a prince and a judge over us? Do you mean to kill me as you killed the Egyptian?” ThenMoses was afraid, and thought, “Surely the thing is known.
Acts 7:23 “When he was forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brothers, the children of Israel
John 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
Matthew 2:15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.
Mark 16:14-20 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]]
Hebrews 2:3-4 how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard, 4 while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.
Micah 7:15 As in the days when you came out of the land of Egypt, I will show them marvelous things.
Matthew 22:7 he king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderer sand burned their city.
Revelation 18:18 and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning,
Exodus 16:35 The people ofIsrael ate the manna forty years, till they came to a habitable land. They atethe manna till they came to the border of the land of Canaan.
1 Corinthians 1:4-8 I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you inChrist Jesus, 5 that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— 6 even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— 7 so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.