Monday, September 8, 2014

YHWH is The Shepherd. Yeshua is The Good Shepherd. Yeshua is YHWH

YHWH is The Shepherd. Yeshua is The Good Shepherd. Yeshua is YHWH

February 3, 2014 at 6:27pm
Yeshua (Jesus) is YHWH [GOD] 
by Tuese Ahkiong

The Story of The Shepherd, under shepherds/ leaders of Israel and Lost sheep begins in the Old Testament but many Christians do not know this because studying the Old Testament is not important to them.


Psalm 23 A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

Jeremiah 50:6
My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray, turning them away on the mountains. From mountain to hill they have gone. They have forgotten their fold.

**YHWH's people have been lost sheep because of the shepherds or leaders of Israel. 


Jeremiah 23 
“WOE TO THE SHEPHERDS WHO DESTROY AND SCATTER THE SHEEP OF MY PASTURE!”says the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: “You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,” says the Lord. “But I will gather the REMNANT OF MY FLOCK OUT OF ALL COUNTRIES where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking,” says the Lord.
“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness;
A King shall reign and prosper,
And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.
In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:   THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
“Therefore, behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “that they shall no longer say, ‘As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,’ BUT, ‘AS THE LORD LIVES WHO BROUGHT UP AND LED THE DESCENDANTS OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY AND FROM ALL THE COUNTRIES WHERE I HAD DRIVEN THEM.’ And they shall dwell in their own land.”
**Notice the prophecy in v8 that the descendants of the House of Israel from the North country and all countries where YHWH had driven them, will be brought back.


Ezekiel 34:11-12, 15-16
11 “For thus says THE LORD GOD: BEHOLD, I, I MYSELF WILL SEARCH FOR MY SHEEP AND WILL SEEK THEM OUT. 12 As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been SCATTERED ON A DAY OF CLOUDS AND THICK DARKNESS.
15 I MYSELF WILL BE THE SHEPHERD OF MY SHEEP, AND I MYSELF WILL MAKE THEM LIE DOWN, DECLARES THE LORD GOD. 16 I WILL SEEK THE LOST, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice.

***YHWH is the Shepherd who searches for His Sheep.


Ezekiel 34:23 “Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd.

***Who is this ONE SHEPHERD, MY SERVANT DAVID that YHWH speaks of?


Ezekiel 37:24  “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them.

***Who is "My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd?


Zechariah 13:6-7 And one will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will say, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’
“Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, And against the man, My Associate,” Declares the Lord of hosts.  “Strike the Shepherd that the sheep may be scattered;  And I will turn My hand against the little ones.
***Who is "My Shepherd" that is struck?  See  Matthew 26:31Mark 14:27



NEW TESTAMENT


Matthew 2:6‘And you, Bethlehem, land of Judah, Are by no means least among the leaders of Judah; For out of you shall come forth a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.’”

***Who is this Ruler who will SHEPHERD YHWH's People ISRAEL?

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

***Who was likened to being like sheep without a shepherd?

Matthew 10:5-7
These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
***Who were THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL? 

Matthew 15:24  He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

***Who did Yeshua say that He was sent ONLY to?

Luke 19:9-10 
And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
**Who were THE LOST that Yeshua cane to seek and to save?

John 10:11-16  I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.  12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

***Who is the Good Shepherd?

John 10:25-30 
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But YOU DO NOT BELIEVE, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT OF MY SHEEP, as I said to you. 27 MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, AND I KNOW THEM, AND THEY FOLLOW ME.28 AND I GIVE THEM ETERNAL LIFE, AND THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH; NEITHER SHALL ANYONE SNATCH THEM OUT OF MY HAND. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is GREATER THAN ALL;AND NO ONE IS ABLE TO SNATCH THEM OUT OF MY FATHER’S HAND. 30 I and My Father are one.”

***Can the sheep perish or be snatched from the Shepherds hand?


Acts 20:28  Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

***When did GOD purchase the church WITH HIS OWN BLOOD???  This is difficult question for CULTS like Jehovah Witnesses because they reject Yeshua is GOD, YHWH.


Hebrews 13  20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 21 equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

**Who is The Great Shepherd of the sheep?


1 Peter 2:24-25 
24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. 25 For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

***Who were the straying sheep?  How can one return to the Shepherd if they were never His to begin with?  Who were the lost sheep?


Revelation 7:16-17 
 They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”
***Who is The Shepherd?  Who in the OT was promised that their tears would be wiped from their eyes?   



Isaiah 25:8 “He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken.”
Who are the "His people?"
WHO IS YESHUA?
WHO IS YHWH?

No comments:

Post a Comment