Tuesday, September 9, 2014

MEASURING for JUDGMENT

MEASURING for JUDGMENT

October 21, 2013 at 11:01pm
MEASURING for JUDGMENT


I’ve been studying through Brian L Martin’s “Behind The Veil of Moses” and came across some great insights.  Scripture uses “measuring” in regards to construction, distance, portions and scales but also in terms of destruction and judgment. Below are a few passages that refer to God measuring a people or nation out for judgment.  A measuring-line or plumb-line are symbols of judgment and destruction.


Isaiah 28:17
And I will make justice the line, and righteousness the plumb line; and hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and waters will overwhelm the shelter.”

Isaiah 34:11
But thehawk and the porcupine shall possess it, the owl and the raven shalldwell in it.  He shall stretch the line of confusion over it, and the plumb line of emptiness.

Jeremiah13
24 I will scatter you like chaff driven by the wind from the desert.25 This is your lot, the portion I have measured out to you, declares the Lord, because you have forgotten me and trustedin lies.26 I myself will lift up your skirtsover your face, and your shame will be seen.27 I have seen your abominations, youradulteries and neighings, your lewd whorings, on the hills in the field. Woeto you, O Jerusalem!    How long will it be before you aremade clean?”

Lamentations 2:8
The Lord determined to lay in ruins the wall of the daughter of Zion; he stretched out the measuring line;  he did not restrain his hand from destroying; he caused rampart and wall to lament; they languishedtogether.

Amos 7:7-9 
This is what he showed me: behold, the Lord was standing beside a wallbuilt with a plumb line, with a plumb line in his hand. And the Lord said to me, “Amos, whatdo you see?” And I said, “A plumb line.” Then the Lord said, “Behold, I am setting a plumb line inthe midst of my people Israel; I will never again pass bythem;  9 the high places of Isaac shall be made desolate, and the sanctuaries of Israel shallbe laid waste, and Iwill rise against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.”



THE BOOKOF REVELATION IS ABOUT GOD'S DIVORCE OF ISRAEL-THE GREAT HARLOT, DESTRUCTION OF JERUSALEM (THE OLD COVENANT), AND MARRIAGE OF YESHUA TO HIS BRIDE AS PREDICTED BY YESHUA.  IT MEASURES OUT JERUSALEM FOR JUDGMENT BECAUSE THE UNBELIEVING JEWS MURDERED YESHUA AND THE PROPHETS.

Revelation11 
Then I was given a measuring rod likea staff, and I was told, “Rise andmeasure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,but donot measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given overto the nations, and they willtrample the holy city for forty-two monthsAnd I will grant authority to my twowitnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment