Tuesday, September 9, 2014

IF GOD KNOWS THE FUTURE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, can man have the "FREE WILL" to do otherwise?

IF GOD KNOWS THE FUTURE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, can man have the "FREE WILL" to do otherwise?

September 22, 2010 at 11:40pm
Scripture teaches that God knows everything.  He knows the future perfectly and absolutely.
If God knows the future, how does He know the future?
Does He look down the corridors of time as free-willers would say, to learn what man will decide or what person will choose Jesus?
Does God have to learn from His creature?  In case you don't know the answer, it's "NO." He cannot learn  because He knows everything.  God by definition is Sovereign over everything.  He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscience...  Therefore, if God knows the future perfectly and absolutely, how can one have free will???
I get this corridor response from free-willers all the time.  What happens is the free willers logical conclusion is OPEN-THEISM.  They're just mimicking the Arminian party line.  This is NO where found in Scripture.  It is more philosophical than Biblical.  I know of a pastor who tried twisting Romans 8:29-30 to say God is looking down time to see who will choose Christ so that God could ELECT them.

So, how does God know the future?
He is The Creator of everything, even the future, every event-good and evil.  God has determined whatsoever comes to pass.
This is how He knows the future in perfect detail b/c He has made it.  The future is in God's hand b/c He has made it.

Read these passages then ask yourself how does one reconcile "free will" with God who says He determines, chooses, predestines, ordains, elects, appoints, writes into the lamb's book of life before the foundation of the world and says that if your name is not written in The Lamb's Book of Life, you will die in your sins.  But the free willer would say that the almighty creature can use its "free will" to get into God's book even if his or her name wasn't written in the lamb's book of life?


  1. Job 14:5 Since his days are determined, The number of his months is with You; You have appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass. 
  2. Job 23:13-14 "But He is unique, and who can make Him change? And whatever His soul desires, that He does. 14 For He performs what is appointed for me, And many such things are with Him. That is why I am terrified before him; when I think of all this, I fear him.16 God has made my heart faint; the Almighty has terrified me.
  3. Job 42:2 "I know that You can do all things,   And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
  4. Psalms 33:10-11 The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. 11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.
  5. Psalms 115:3 But our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases.
  6. Psalms 135:5-6 For I know that the LORD is great, And our Lord is above all gods. 6 Whatever the LORD pleases He does, In heaven and in earth, In the seas and in all deep places.
  7. Psalm 139:1-6  O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.  5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
  8. Psalms 139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
  9. Proverbs 16:1  The plans of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.  
  10. Proverbs 16:4  The LORD has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.  
  11. Proverbs 16:9  The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.   
  12. Proverbs 19:21  Many plans are in a man's heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand.
  13. Proverbs 20:24 Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way?
  14. Jeremiah 10:23  I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.  
  15. Isaiah55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
  16. Daniel 4:34-37  "But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever; For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom endures from generation to generation. 35"All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And among the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, 'What have You done?' 36 At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. 37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.
  17. Daniel 5:23 "...But you have not honored the God who gives you the breath of life and controls your destiny!"
18.   John 1:12-13  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God
19.   John 3:3-8 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."  4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"  5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
20.   Jn.3.27: John answered, "A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven.
21.   John 5:21. "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.
22.   John 6:37-39  All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.  38  For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.  39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.
23.   John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
24.   John 6:64-65 Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."
25.   John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."
26.   John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
27.   John 10:24-29  The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." 25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."
28.   John 13:18   "I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the scripture: 'He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me.'  
29.   John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
30.   John 17:2 "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
31.   John 17:6  "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 
32.   John 17:9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.
33. Acts 2:22-23   "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.  23This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
34.   Acts 4:25-28 "who by the mouth of Your servant David have said: 'Why did the nations rage, And the people plot vain things? 26 The kings of the earth took their stand, And the rulers were gathered together Against the LORD and against His Christ.' 27 "For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 28 "to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.
35. Acts 17:26, “and He made from one, every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times, and the boundaries of their habitation,”
36.   Acts 11:18  When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."
37.   Acts 13:48  When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.
38.   Acts 16:14 "And a certain woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul."
39.   Acts 17:24-28   "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'
40.   Acts 18:10  for I am with you, and no man will attack you in order to harm you,  for I have many people in this city ." 
41.   Acts 18:27  And when he wanted to go across to Achaia, the brethren encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him; and when he had arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace,
42.   Acts 22:14  "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.
43.   Rom 1:6-7 And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.  7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
44.   Rom 8:28-30  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
45.   Eph 1:4-5  For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
46.   Eph 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
47.   2 Tim 1:9   who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
48.   1 Peter 1:1-3    1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia,  Asia, and  Bithynia,  who are chosen 2according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood:  May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.  3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  
49.   1 Peter 1:18-20  For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
50.   1 Peter 1:23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 
51.   1 Peter 2:8-9   and, "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE"; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.  9But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A  HOLY NATION,  A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
52.   Rev 13:8  All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
53.   Rev. 17:8  " The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.
54.   Rev 17:14   "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and  those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."
55.   Rev. 20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
56.   Rev. 21:27  and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment