Yeshua said, “…THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE AGE” What age was Yeshua in and when did the Harvest end? By Tuese Ahkiong
What “AGE” (aeon) was Yeshua born into? He was born under the law in the Old Covenant Age.
Galatians4:4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under thelaw, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
What AGE was coming to an end? The Old Covenant Age, Judaism, The Law. When Scripture speaks of last days, end of the age, it is speaking of the last days of Judaism or the end of the old covenant age. Between 30-70AD, The Harvest was taking place. The disciples were trumpeting the Gospel and Harvesting the Old Covenant world through the double edge sword of God’s Word and Gospel.
1. Matthew 13:39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE AGE, and the reapers are angels.
**What age was coming to an end? The Old Covenant. What was being harvested? The Old Covenant world.
2. Matthew 13:40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the END OF THE AGE.
**What age was coming to an end? The Old Covenant. What age would be judged and burned with fire? The Old Covenant Age.
3. Matthew 13:49 So it will be at the END OF THE AGE. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous
**What age was coming to an end? The Old Covenant. How did the angels (messengers) separate the evil from the righteous? By proclaiming The Gospel.
4. Matthew 24:3 [ Signs of the END OF THE AGE] As he sat on theMount of Olives,the disciplescame to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the END OF THE AGE?”
**What age end were the disciples asking Yeshua about? They were asking about the end of the Old Covenant Age. Yeshua prophesied about the destruction of Jerusalem which represented the end of the law, end of the priesthood, end of the sacrificial system, and the end of the age of the first covenant.
5. Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the END OF THE AGE.”
**What age was Yeshua in when He said this? Yeshua was in the Old Covenant Age. Who did Yeshua give the “Great Commission to?” His 1st century disciples. Did they fulfill their mission? Yes. See my The Great Commission FULFILLED article.
6. 1 Corinthians 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the END OF THE AGEs has come.
**Is not Paul stating that the Old Testament Prophets spoke of his days and that the age he was in was coming to an end? Yes
7. Hebrews 9:26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the END OF THE AGEs to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
**When does Yeshua appear? Old Covenant Age. He was born under the law.
At the end of what age? At the end of the Old Covenant Age.
Matthew 9:37-38 Then he said to his disciples, “The HARVEST is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the HARVEST to send out laborers into his HARVEST.”
1. Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the HARVEST, and at HARVEST time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”
2. Luke 10:2 And he said to them, “The HARVEST is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the HARVEST to send out laborers into his HARVEST.
**Yeshua is stating the Harvest is currently taking place (30-33AD), therefore pray for more workers to help with the harvest.
3. John 4:35 Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the HARVEST’? LOOK, I TELL YOU, LIFT UP YOUR EYES, AND SEE THAT THE FIELDS ARE WHITE FOR HARVEST.
**Is not Yeshua stating that the Harvest is presently taking place? Yep. Notice, how the Samaritans (mixed breed) are being brought back in to the fold through The Gospel.
4. Romans 1:13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented), in order that I may reap some HARVEST among you as well as among the rest of the Gentiles.
**Is not Paul stating he is harvesting? Yep. How so? Through preaching The Gospel that is the power and that which he is not ashamed of.
These next 2 passages are more harvesting.
5. 2 Corinthians 9:10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the HARVEST of your righteousness.
6. James 3:18 And a HARVEST of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
7. James 5:4-9 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. 2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. YOU HAVE LAID UP TREASURE IN THE LAST DAYS. 4 Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and THE CRIES OF THE HARVESTERS HAVE REACHED THE EARS OF THE LORD OF HOSTS. 5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.7 BE PATIENT, THEREFORE, BROTHERS, UNTIL THE COMING OF THE LORD. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. 8 YOU also, be patient. Establish your hearts, FOR THE COMING OF THE LORD IS AT HAND. 9 Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; BEHOLD, THE JUDGE IS STANDING AT THE DOOR.
***Were the rich of James’ time storing up treasure for today in 2014? Absolutely not. The last days were the last days of Judaism.
The saints were being persecuted and killed by apostate Jews.
The Lord of The Harvest returns in 70AD to reap and execute justice.
8. Revelation 14:15, 19 And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the HARVEST of the earth is fully ripe.” 19So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape HARVEST of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
**The events within the book of Revelation are said to soon take place and that the time was near (1:1,3; 22:6, 7, 12, 20).