God dwells in His N E W Temple NOW
by Tuese Ahkiong
I keep hearing dispensationalists say that there’s going to be a rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem. The New Testament makes no mention of a rebuilding of the Jewish temple. Jesus is the new temple and those in Christ are God’s temple. To rebuild the Jewish temple would be to return to the shadows, the law and death. Whether there is a rebuilt temple or not. Hello! You need a Levitical priesthood for the temple and the genealogies were all destroyed in 70AD at Christ's return, which means no Jew can trace their lineage to the Levite tribe! Therefore, you won't ever have a sanctioned temple!
Remember, The Bible was NOT written TO us in 21st century but FOR us. It was written to the church in Rome, Corinth, Ephesus, Timothy, Titus... What would the imminence of being built up as a spiritual house mean if it was going to happen TO the recipients of 1 Peter?
Isaiah 2:1-3 The thing that Isaiah son of Amoz hath seen concerning Judah and Jerusalem:2 And it hath come to pass, In the latter end of the days, Established is the mount of Jehovah's house, Above the top of the mounts, And it hath been lifted up above the heights, And flowed unto it have all the nations.
3 And gone have many peoples and said, `Come, and we go up unto the mount of Jehovah, Unto the house of the God of Jacob, And He doth teach us of His ways, And we walk in His paths, For from Zion goeth forth a law, And a word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
- Ezekiel 37:26-28 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set mysanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”
- Mark 14:58 “We heard him say, ‘I will destroy this temple that is MADE WITH HANDS, and in
three days I will build another, NOT MADE WITH HANDS.’”
- John 14: 23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
- Romans 8:9-11You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you.Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are God's TEMPLE and that God's Spirit DWELLs in you?
2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is
destroyed, we have a building from God, A HOUSE NOT MADE WITH HANDS, eternal in the heavens.
- 2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement has the TEMPLE of God with idols? For WE ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE LIVING GOD; as God said, “I WILL MAKE MY DWELLING AMONG THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
- Ephesians 2:22 In him you also are being built together into a DWELLing place for God by the Spirit.
Ephesians 3:14-19 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Colossians 1:27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Hebrews 3:4-6 (For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.) 5 Now Moses was faithful in all God's house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later, 6 but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope.
- 1 Peter 2:5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a SPIRITUAL HOUSE, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- ***Christians are the living stones of God's New Temple; Ezekiel's Temple.
- 1 Cor 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's BUILDING.
- Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the DWELLing place of God is with man. He will DWELL with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
- GOD INDWELLS AND DWELLS IN HIS NEW TEMPLE NOW