GOD HARDENS HEARTS and BLINDS EYES
compiled by Tuese Ahkiong
1. Isaiah 63:17 O LORD, WHY DO YOU MAKE US WANDER FROM YOUR WAYS AND HARDEN OUR HEART, so that we fear you not? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your heritage.
2. Exodus 4:11 Then the Lord said to him, “WHO HAS MADE MAN'S MOUTH? WHO MAKES HIM MUTE, OR DEAF, OR SEEING, OR BLIND? IS IT NOT I, THE LORD?
3. Exodus4:21 "And the Lord said to Moses, 'When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in your power; but I will HARDEN his HEART so that he will not let the people go."
4. Exodus7:3 “But I will HARDEN Pharaoh's HEART that I may multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.
5. Exodus8:32 "But Pharaoh HARDENED HIS HEART this time also, and he did not let the people go."
6. Exodus9:12 And THE LORD HARDENED PHARAOH'S HEART, and he did not listen to them, just as the LORD had spoken to Moses.
7. Exodus10:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have HARDENED HIS HEART and the HEART of his servants,that I may perform these signs of Mine among them,
8. Exodus 11:10 Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh; yet the LORD HARDENED Pharaoh's HEART, and he did not let the sons of Israel go out of his land.
9. Exodus14:4 "Thus I WILL HARDEN PHARAOH'S HEART, and he will chase after them; and I will be honored through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD." And they did so.
10. Exodus14:17 "And as for Me, behold, I WILL HARDEN THE HEARTS OF THE EGYPTIANS so that they will go in after them; and I will be honored through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen."
11. Deut. 2:30 "But Sihon king of Heshbon was not willing for us to pass through his land; FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD HARDENED HIS SPIRIT AND MADE HIS HEART OBSTINATE, IN ORDER TO DELIVER HIM INTO YOUR HAND,as he is today."
12. Deut.29:4 "Yet to this DAY THE LORD HAS NOT GIVEN YOU A HEART TO KNOW, nor eyes to see, nor ears to hear."
13. 1Kings 20:42. ". . . Thus saith the Lord, Because thou hast let go out of thy hand A MAN WHOM I APPOINTED TO UTTER DESTRUCTION, . . ."
14. 2Chron. 25:20 "But AMAZIAH WOULD NOT LISTEN, FOR IT WAS FROM GOD, that He might deliver them into the hand of Joash because they had sought the gods of Edom."
15. Psalm 105:24-25 "And He caused His people to be very fruitful, and made them stronger than their adversaries. 25HE TURNED THEIR HEART TO HATE HIS PEOPLE, TO DEAL CRAFTILY WITH HIS SERVANTS.
16. Isaiah 6:10 "RENDER THE HEARTS OF THIS PEOPLE INSENSITIVE, THEIR EARS DULL, AND THEIR EYES DIM, lest they see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their HEARTs, and return and be healed.”
17. Luke4:24-27 And he said, Verily, I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country. 25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; 26BUT UNTO NONE OF THEM WAS ELIAS SENT, SAVE UNTO SAREPTA, A CITY OF SIDON, UNTO A WOMAN THAT WAS A WIDOW. 27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman theSyrian. 28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, 29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. 30 But he passing through the midst of them went his way,
18. John6:63-66 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 BUT THERE ARE SOME OF YOU THAT BELIEVE NOT. FOR JESUS KNEW FROM THE BEGINNING WHO THEY WERE THAT BELIEVED NOT, AND WHO SHOULD BETRAY HIM. 65 AND HE SAID, THEREFORE SAID I UNTO YOU, THAT NO MAN CAN COME UNTO ME, EXCEPT IT WERE GIVEN UNTO HIM OF MY FATHER. 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
19. John9:39. "And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, THAT THEY WHICH SEE NOT MIGHT SEE; AND THAT THEY WHICH SEE MIGHT BE MADE BLIND."
20. John12:37-41 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled,which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?" 39 Therefore they could not believe,because Isaiah said again: 40 "HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES AND HARDENED THEIR HEARTS, LEST THEY SHOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, LEST THEY SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEARTS AND TURN, SO THAT I SHOULD HEAL THEM." 41 These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him
21. Rom9:9-24 For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son."10Not only that, but Rebekah's children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. 11Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls—she was told,"The older will serve the younger."13JUST AS IT IS WRITTEN: "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."14WHAT THEN SHALL WE SAY? IS GOD UNJUST? NOT AT ALL! 15FOR HE SAYS TO MOSES, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."16IT DOES NOT, THEREFORE, DEPEND ON MAN'S DESIRE OR EFFORT, BUT ON GOD'S MERCY. 17FOR THE SCRIPTURE SAYS TO PHARAOH: "I RAISED YOU UP FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE, THAT I MIGHT DISPLAY MY POWER IN YOU AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED IN ALL THE EARTH."18THEREFORE GOD HAS MERCY ON WHOM HE WANTS TO HAVE MERCY, AND HE HARDENS WHOM HE WANTS TO HARDEN. 19ONE OF YOU WILL SAY TO ME: "THEN WHY DOES GOD STILL BLAME US? FOR WHO RESISTS HIS WILL?" 20BUT WHO ARE YOU, OMAN, TO TALK BACK TO GOD? "SHALL WHAT IS FORMED SAY TO HIM WHO FORMED IT,'WHY DID YOU MAKE ME LIKE THIS?' "21DOES NOT THE POTTER HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE OUT OF THE SAME LUMP OF CLAY SOME POTTERY FOR NOBLE PURPOSES AND SOME FOR COMMON USE? 22What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?
22. Rom 11:5-10 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, the nit is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work. 7 What then?Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but THE ELECT HAVE OBTAINED IT, AND THE REST WERE BLINDED. 8 JUST AS IT IS WRITTEN:"GOD HAS GIVEN THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES THAT THEY SHOULD NOT SEE AND EARS THAT THEY SHOULD NOT HEAR, TO THIS VERY DAY." 9 And David says: "Let their table become a snare and a trap, A stumbling block and a recompense to them. 10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, and bow down their back always."
23. 2 Corinthians 3:12-18 Since we have such a hope, we are very bold, 13 not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end. 14 BUT THEIR MINDS WERE HARDENED. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. 15 YES,TO THIS DAY WHENEVER MOSES IS READ A VEIL LIES OVER THEIR HEARTS. 16 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
24. 1 Peter 2:7-9 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone," 8 and "A stone of stumbling And a rock of offense." THEY STUMBLE, BEING DISOBEDIENT TO THE WORD, TO WHICH THEY ALSO WERE APPOINTED. 9But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
25. Jude 1:4 For THERE ARE CERTAIN MEN CREPT IN UNAWARES, WHO WERE BEFORE OF OLD ORDAINED TO THIS CONDEMNATION, UNGODLY MEN, TURNING THE GRACE OF OUR GOD INTO LASCIVIOUSNESS, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.