THE LAST DAYS to THE LAST DAY to THE LAST HOUR to THE END OF THE AGE of OLD COVENANT ISRAEL
By Tuese Ahkiong
1. END OF THE AGE
2. The New Testament was written during THE LAST DAYS, THE LAST DAY, THE LAST HOUR of Old Covenant Israel. The end of The Old Covenant Age was fast approaching and officially ended on the 9th of Av in 70 A.D. at the destruction of Jerusalem.
3. Christ was born under the law or under the old covenant age.
4. Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, BORN UNDER THE LAW,
5. THIS AGE refers to the age that Christ was in which was The Old Covenant Age, The Law. THE AGE TO COME is THE NEW COVENANT AGE which fully came in 70 A.D.
6. Matthew 12:32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in THIS AGE or in THE AGE TO COME.
7. **There is NO forgiveness to those who speak against The Holy Spirit either in The Old Covenant Age or in The New Covenant Age which was to come.
8. Luke 20:34-35 And Jesus said to them, “The sons of THIS AGE marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to THAT AGE AND TO THE RESURRECTION from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage,
9. **THIS AGE represented Israel under the Old Covenant. The kingdom was expanded through bearing children. Those who attain THAT AGE or The New Covenant Age are brought not through marriage and childbirth but through The Gospel.
10. 1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of THIS AGE? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
11. 1 Corinthians 2:6 Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of THIS AGE or of the rulers of THIS AGE, who are doomed to pass away.
12. 1 Corinthians 2:8 None of the rulers of THIS AGE understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
13. 1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in THIS AGE, let him become a fool that he may become wise.
14. Ephesians 1:21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in THIS AGE but also in THE ONE TO COME.
15. Ephesians 2:7 so that in THE COMING AGES he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
16. Matthew 13:39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE AGE, and the reapers are angels.
17. Matthew 13:40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at THE END OF THE AGE.
18. Matthew 13:49 So it will be at THE END OF THE AGE. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous
19. **In this parable, Yeshua describes The Harvest/judgment which would be at the end of the old covenant age.
20. Matthew 24:3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of THE END OF THE AGE?”
21. **After leaving temple with His disciples and then speaking of its destruction which meant the end of the Jewish economy, culture, priesthood, Law, sacrificial system, covenant with God, the disciples ask Yeshua 3 questions. 1) When will these things be? 2) What will be the sign of His coming, and 3) The sign of the end of the age?
22. Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, TO THE END OF THE AGE.”
23. **”The Great Commission” was given to Yeshua’s disciples. They were empowered by Christ as He was with them to fulfill their mission which came to completion before The Old Covenant World ended.
24. 1 Corinthians 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, ON WHOM THE END OF THE AGES HAS COME.
25. **Paul states the end of the ages has come.
26. Hebrews 9:26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, HE HAS APPEARED ONCE FOR ALL AT THE END OF THE AGES to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27. **Christ appeared at the end of the ages or old covenant to put away sin by His sacrifice of Himself.
28. THE LAST DAYS
29. I will only site a few passages here that site THE LAST DAYS in the first century. Please see my article on “Are We Living In The Last Days?”. The NT was written during THE LAST DAYS of Old Covenant Age of Israel.
30. Acts 2:14-17 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
17 “‘And IN THE LAST DAYS it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;
31. **Notice how Peter connects the day of Pentecost where people are speaking in tongues with the fulfillment of Joel’s prophecy of the pouring out of The Holy Spirit.
32. Hebrews 1:1-2 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,2 but in THESE LAST DAYS he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
33. **Notice how the writer of Hebrews contrasts how God spoke in the past to the fathers but in THESE LAST DAYS, his present, that God has spoken through His Son.
34. The Old Covenant Age was in its last days.
35. James 5:1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments have become moth-eaten. Your gold and your silver have rusted; and their rust will be a witness against you and will consume your flesh like fire. It is in THE LAST DAYS that you have stored up your treasure!
36. **Were the rich of James’s time storing up treasure for 2015???
37. THE LAST DAY
38. John 6:41-59 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on THE LAST DAY. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on THE LAST DAY.”
41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on THE LAST DAY. 45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me— 46 not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”
52 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on THE LAST DAY. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum.
39. **In verses 39 & 40, Yeshua states that on THE LAST DAY, He will raise up (RESURRECTION) all that The Father has given Him and everyone who has looked upon Him and believes in Him. What is THE LAST DAY, THE LAST DAY of?
40. **In verse 44, Yeshua states that no one can come to Him unless The Father who sent Him draws that one. Yeshua will raise (RESURRECTION) this person up on THE LAST DAY. What is THE LAST DAY, THE LAST DAY of?
41. John 11:17-27 Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days.18 Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off, 19 and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. 20 So when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, but Mary remained seated in the house.21 Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.22 But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on THE LAST DAY.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”
42. **Martha states that she knows that Lazarus will rise again in the resurrection on THE LAST DAY. She most likely got this teaching from Yeshua in John chapter 6. What is THE LAST DAY, THE LAST DAY of? The Old Testament, Daniel 12 makes mention that the resurrection would take place at the shattering of the power of the holy people. The holy people were God’s people at the time, Israel. Their power was their covenant with God symbolized by the temple, priesthood, Law, sacrificial system. This was shattered in 70 A.D.
43. John 12:44-50 And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. 45 And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. 47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on THE LAST DAY. 49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”
44. **Yeshua states that those who rejects Him and do not receive His words have a judge and that His words will judge that person on THE LAST DAY. What is THE LAST DAY, THE LAST DAY of?
45. THE LAST HOUR
46. 1 John 2:18 Children, IT IS THE LAST HOUR, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that IT IS THE LAST HOUR.
47. **John writes to his 1st century recipients of his epistle that they knew IT IS THE LAST HOUR because they heard that antichrist was coming and NOW (1st century) MANY ANTICHRISTS HAVE COME (past tense). The ANTICHRISTS WERE PRESENT AT JOHN'S PENNING OF HIS EPISTLES.
THE LAST DAYS to
THE LAST DAY to
THE LAST HOUR to
THE END OF THE AGE of OLD COVENANT ISRAEL
which came to an end at the destruction of Jerusalem on the 9th of Av in 70 A.D.
Remember some important things that took place at THE END OF THE AGE which are
THE HARVEST OF THE OLD COVENANT
THE JUDGMENT UPON ISRAEL
THE JUDGMENT OF THE DEVIL
THE RESURRECTION PROMISED TO ISRAEL AT THE DESTRUCTION OF JERUSALEM’S TEMPLE