Friday, November 27, 2015

THE APOSTLES WERE ENTRUSTED WITH THE GOSPEL, THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD


THE APOSTLES WERE ENTRUSTED WITH THE GOSPEL, THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD

The Gospel was proclaimed throughout the whole world through the ministry of the Apostles.  They succeeded with the help of Christ in fulfilling “The Great Commission.”

1.     Acts 6 Now at this time while the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the Hellenistic Jews against the native Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily serving of foodSo the twelve summoned the congregation of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable for us to neglect the word of God in order to serve tables. 
Therefore, brethren, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task. But WE WILL DEVOTE OURSELVES TO PRAYER AND TO THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD.” The statement found approval with the whole congregation; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch. And these they brought before the apostles; and after praying, they laid their hands on them.

2.     1 Corinthians 4:1-3 Let a man regard us in this manner, as SERVANTS OF CHRIST AND STEWARDS OF THE MYSTERIES OF GOD. In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself.


3.     1 Corinthians 9:17  For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I HAVE A STEWARDSHIP ENTRUSTED TO ME.

4.     Ephesians 3:1-3  For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles— if indeed you have heard of THE STEWARDSHIP OF GOD’S GRACE WHICH WAS GIVEN TO ME for you;that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief.

5.     Colossians 1:25  Of this church I WAS MADE A MINISTER ACCORDING TO THE STEWARDSHIP FROM GOD BESTOWED ON ME for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God,   

6.     Galatians 2:7  But on the contrary, seeing that I HAD BEEN ENTRUSTED WITH THE GOSPEL to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised

7.     1 Thessalonians 2:4  but just as WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY GOD TO BE ENTRUSTED WITH THE GOSPEL, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who examines our hearts.

8.     1 Timothy 1:11  according to THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF THE BLESSED GOD, WITH WHICH I HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED.

9.     2 Timothy 1:12  For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I
have believed and I am convinced that He is able to GUARD what I have ENTRUSTED to Him until that day.

10.   Titus 1:3  but at the proper time manifested, even His word, in the proclamation with which I was ENTRUSTED according to the commandment of God our Savior,


OTHERS ENTRUSTED

11.   Acts 20:28  Be on GUARD for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

12.   Romans 3:2  Great in every respect. First of all, that they were ENTRUSTED with the oracles of God.
13.   ***The Jews were entrustd with oracles of God.

14.   1 Timothy 1:18  This command I ENTRUST to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight,

15.   1 Timothy 6:20  O Timothy, GUARD what has been ENTRUSTED to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”—

16.   2 Timothy 1:14  GUARD, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, THE TREASURE which has been ENTRUSTED to you.

17.   2 Timothy 2:2  The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, ENTRUST THESE TO FAITHFUL MEN WHO WILL BE ABLE TO TEACH OTHERS ALSO.

18.   Titus 1:7   FOR THE OVERSEER MUST BE ABOVE REPROACH AS GOD’S STEWARD, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain,

19.   1 Peter 4:10  As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another AS GOOD 


STEWARDS OF THE MANIFOLD GRACE OF GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment