Monday, September 28, 2015

THE RESURRECTION WAS FOR OLD COVENANT ISRAEL By Tuese Ahkiong

THE RESURRECTION WAS FOR OLD COVENANT ISRAEL  



The Resurrection comes out of the Old Testament.  It was promised to Israel.  According to Daniel, it would occur at the end of the old covenant age of Israel at the destruction of Jerusalem.


1.     Daniel 12 
“At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. 2 AND MANY OF THOSE WHO SLEEP IN THE DUST OF THE EARTH SHALL AWAKE, SOME TO EVERLASTING LIFE, AND SOME TO SHAME AND EVERLASTING CONTEMPT. 3 And those who are wise shall SHINE like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others stood, one on this bank of the stream and one on that bank of the stream. And someone said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, “How long shall it be till the end of these wonders?” 7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream; he raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven and swore by him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time, and that when THE SHATTERING OF THE POWER OF THE HOLY PEOPLE COMES TO AN END ALL THESE THINGS WOULD BE FINISHED. 8 I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, “O my lord, what shall be the outcome of these things?” He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.11 And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is he who waits and arrives at the 1,335 days. 13 But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.”

2.     ***Daniel who told of The Resurrection.  The Old Covenant Jews were the Holy People of God within the context of Daniel.  The resurrection mentioned here takes place when the power of the holy people would be shattered.  Their covenant with God symbolized by The Temple was the power of the holy people.  The destruction of Jerusalem took place in 70 A.D. as Jesus said it would happen within His “this generation” 1st century.  This was when that power of the holy people or Old Covenant Jews came to an end.


3.     Acts 23:6  ESV  Now when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees. IT IS WITH RESPECT TO THE HOPE AND THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD THAT I AM ON TRIAL.”  

4.     Acts 23:6  YLT and Paul having known that the one part are Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, cried out in the sanhedrim, `MEN, BRETHREN, I AM A PHARISEE -- SON OF A PHARISEE -- CONCERNING HOPE AND RISING AGAIN OF DEAD MEN I AM JUDGED.'
5.    
**Paul, in his defense is stating that it is with respect TO THE HOPE AND THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD that he is on trial.  This concept comes out of the Old Testament.


6.     Acts 24:13-15  ESV  Neither can they prove to you what they now bring up against me. 14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way, which they call a sect, I worship the God of our fathers, BELIEVING EVERYTHING LAID DOWN BY THE LAW AND WRITTEN IN THE PROPHETS, 15 HAVING A HOPE IN GOD, WHICH THESE MEN THEMSELVES ACCEPT, THAT THERE WILL BE A RESURRECTION OF BOTH THE JUST AND THE UNJUST.

7.     Acts 24:13-15 YLT
nor are they able to prove against me the things concerning which they now accuse me.
14`And I confess this to thee, that, according to the way that they call a sect, so serve I THE GOD OF THE FATHERS, BELIEVING ALL THINGS THAT IN THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS HAVE BEEN WRITTEN,
15HAVING HOPE TOWARD GOD, WHICH THEY THEMSELVES ALSO WAIT FOR, [THAT] THERE IS 
ABOUT TO BE A RISING AGAIN OF THE DEAD, BOTH OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS.

8.     **Paul, again, states having a hope towards God that there is ABOUT TO BE A RISING AGAIN OF THE DEAD, BOTH OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE UNRIGHTEOUS.

9.     Acts 24:24-25  ESV  After some days Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish, and he sent for Paul and heard him speak about faith in Christ Jesus. 25 And as he reasoned about righteousness and self-control AND THE COMING JUDGMENT, Felix was alarmed and said, “Go away for the present. When I get an opportunity I will summon you.”

10.   Acts24:24-25 YLT
And after certain days, Felix having come with Drusilla his wife,being a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith toward Christ,  25 and he reasoning concerning righteousness, and temperance, and THE JUDGMENT THAT IS ABOUT TO BE, Felix, having become afraid, answered, `For the present be going, and having got time, I will call for thee;'
11.  
***Paul states that THE JUDGMENT IS ABOUT TO BE!

12.  
Acts24:20-21 YLT
or let these same say if they found any unrighteousness in me in my standing before the sanhedrim,
21except concerning this one voice, in which I cried, standing among them --CONCERNING A RISING AGAIN OF THE DEAD I AM JUDGED TO-DAY BY YOU.'

13.  
**Paul states that it is with respect to the rising again of the dead or resurrection of the dead that he is on trial...

14.   Acts 26:6-8  ESV  And now I stand here on trial BECAUSE OF MY HOPE IN THE PROMISE MADE BY GOD TO OUR FATHERS, 7 TO WHICH OUR TWELVE TRIBES HOPE TO ATTAIN, as they earnestly worship night and day. And for this hope I am accused by Jews, O king! WHY IS IT THOUGHT INCREDIBLE BY ANY OF YOU THAT GOD RAISES THE DEAD?

15.   Acts26:6-8 YLT
AND NOW FOR THE HOPE OF THE PROMISE MADE TO THE FATHERS by God, I have stood judged,  7 to which our twelve tribes, intently night and day serving, do hope to come, concerning which hope I am accused, king Agrippa, by the Jews;  8 WHY IS IT JUDGED INCREDIBLE WITH YOU, IF GOD DOTH RAISE THE DEAD?

16.   **PAUL STATES THAT THE HOPE OF THE PROMISE MADE TO THE FATHERS BY GOD, TO WHICH THE TWELVE TRIBES HOPE TO ATTAIN WAS THE RESURRECTION.   This was the reason he stood trial.  IT WAS PROMISE MADE TO ISRAEL.


17.   Acts 26:22-23  ESV To this day I have had the help that comes from God, and so I stand here testifying both to small and great, SAYING NOTHING BUT WHAT THE PROPHETS AND MOSES SAID WOULD COME TO PASS: 23 THAT THE CHRIST MUST SUFFER AND THAT, BY BEING THE FIRST TO RISE FROM THE DEAD, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles.”

18.   Acts 26:22-23  YLT Having obtained, therefore, help from God, till this day, I have stood witnessing both to small and to great, SAYING NOTHING BESIDES THE THINGS THAT BOTH THE PROPHETS AND MOSES SPAKE OF AS ABOUT TO COME,  23 that the Christ is to suffer, WHETHER FIRST BY A RISING FROM THE DEADHE IS ABOUT TO PROCLAIM LIGHT TO THE PEOPLE AND TO THE NATIONS.'

19.   ***Paul said nothing besides the things that both the prophets and Moses spoke which were ABOUT TO COME.

20.   Acts 28:20  ESV  For this reason, therefore, I have asked to see you and speak with you, since IT IS BECAUSE OF THE HOPE OF ISRAEL THAT I AM WEARING THIS CHAIN.” 
21.  
Acts 28:20 YLT for this cause, therefore, I called for you to see and to speak with [you], for BECAUSE OF THE HOPE OF ISRAEL WITH THIS CHAIN I AM BOUND.'
22.  
**THE HOPE OF ISRAEL WAS THE RESURRECTION!




Ezekiel 37 describes and prophesizes the Resurrection of Israel and The Kingdom being joined together again.  Israel was called, “NOT MY PEOPLE” by YHWH.  She was cut off from the covenant and scattered to the pagan gentile nations because of her sins of idolatry.  Being brought into the land, back into fellowship, back into covenant, back into relationship with YHWH and no longer CUT-OFF is likened to being brought back from THE DEATH into LIFE!  
Israel and Judah are made to be one stick, one nation, under one king!
The chapter ends with God dwelling with His People like in Revelation 21:3.


Ezekiel 37 
THE HAND OF THE LORD WAS UPON ME, AND HE BROUGHT ME OUT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD AND SET ME DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VALLEY; IT WAS FULL OF BONES. AND HE LED ME AROUND AMONG THEM, AND BEHOLD, THERE WERE VERY MANY ON THE SURFACE OF THE VALLEY, AND BEHOLD, THEY WERE VERY DRY. AND HE SAID TO ME, “SON OF MAN, CAN THESE BONES LIVE?” And I answered, “O Lord God, you know.” Then he said to me, PROPHESY OVER THESE BONES, AND SAY TO THEM, O DRY BONES, HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD.THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD TO THESE BONES: BEHOLD, I WILL CAUSE BREATH TO ENTER YOU, AND YOU SHALL LIVE.AND I WILL LAY SINEWS UPON YOU, AND WILL CAUSE FLESH TO COME UPON YOU, AND COVER YOU WITH SKIN, AND PUT BREATH IN YOU, AND YOU SHALL LIVE, AND YOU SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD.”
So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them.Then he said to me, “PROPHESY TO THE BREATH; PROPHESY, SON OF MAN, AND SAY TO THE BREATH, THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: COME FROM THE FOUR WINDS, O BREATH, AND BREATHE ON THESE SLAIN, THAT THEY MAY LIVE.”10 SO I PROPHESIED AS HE COMMANDED ME, AND THE BREATH CAME INTO THEM, AND THEY LIVED AND STOOD ON THEIR FEET, AN EXCEEDINGLY GREAT ARMY.
11 Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.’   12 Therefore prophesy, and say to them, THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: BEHOLD, I WILL OPEN YOUR GRAVES AND RAISE YOU FROM YOUR GRAVES, O MY PEOPLE. AND I WILL BRING YOU INTO THE LAND OF ISRAEL. 13 AND YOU SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD, WHEN I OPEN YOUR GRAVES, AND RAISE YOU FROM YOUR GRAVES, O MY PEOPLE. 14 AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND YOU SHALL LIVE, AND I WILL PLACE YOU IN YOUR OWN LAND. THEN YOU SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD; I HAVE SPOKEN, AND I WILL DO IT, DECLARES THE LORD.”
15 The word of the Lord came to me: 16 “Son of man, take a stick and write on it, ‘For JUDAH, and the people of ISRAEL associated with him’; then take another stick and write on it, ‘For JOSEPH (THE STICK OF EPHRAIM) and all THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL associated with him.’ 17 AND JOIN THEM ONE TO ANOTHER INTO ONE STICK, THAT THEY MAY BECOME ONE IN YOUR HAND. 18 And when your people say to you, ‘Will you not tell us what you mean by these?’ 19 say to them, THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: BEHOLD, I AM ABOUT TO TAKE THE STICK OF JOSEPH (THAT IS IN THE HAND OF EPHRAIM) AND THE TRIBES OF ISRAEL ASSOCIATED WITH HIM. AND I WILL JOIN WITH IT THE STICK OF JUDAH, AND MAKE THEM ONE STICK, THAT THEY MAY BE ONE IN MY HAND. 20 WHEN THE STICKS ON WHICH YOU WRITE ARE IN YOUR HAND BEFORE THEIR EYES, 21 THEN SAY TO THEM, THUS SAYS THE LORD GOD: BEHOLD, I WILL TAKE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL FROM THE NATIONS AMONG WHICH THEY HAVE GONE, AND WILL GATHER THEM FROM ALL AROUND, AND BRING THEM TO THEIR OWN LAND. 22 AND I WILL MAKE THEM ONE NATION IN THE LAND, ON THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL. AND ONE KING SHALL BE KING OVER THEM ALL, AND THEY SHALL BE NO LONGER TWO NATIONS, AND NO LONGER DIVIDED INTO TWO KINGDOMS. 23 THEY SHALL NOT DEFILE THEMSELVES ANYMORE WITH THEIR IDOLS AND THEIR DETESTABLE THINGS, OR WITH ANY OF THEIR TRANSGRESSIONS. BUT I WILL SAVE THEM FROM ALL THE BACKSLIDINGS IN WHICH THEY HAVE SINNED, AND WILL CLEANSE THEM; AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD.
24 “MY SERVANT DAVID SHALL BE KING OVER THEM, AND THEY SHALL ALL HAVE ONE SHEPHERD. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 THEY SHALL DWELL IN THE LAND THAT I GAVE TO MY SERVANT JACOB, WHERE YOUR FATHERS LIVED. They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I WILL MAKE A COVENANT OF PEACE WITH THEM. IT SHALL BE AN EVERLASTING COVENANT WITH THEM. AND I WILL SET THEM IN THEIR LAND AND MULTIPLY THEM, AND WILL SET MY SANCTUARY IN THEIR MIDST FOREVERMORE. 27 MY DWELLING PLACE SHALL BE WITH THEM, AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 28 THEN THE NATIONS WILL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD WHO SANCTIFIES ISRAEL, WHEN MY SANCTUARY IS IN THEIR MIDST FOREVERMORE.”




TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment