STUPID as used in Scripture
Compiled by Tuese Ahkiong
Full Definition of STUPID
a : slow of mind : obtuse
b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner
c : lacking intelligence or reason : brutish
: dulled in feeling or sensation : torpid <still stupid from the sedative>
: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : senseless <a stupid decision>
a : lacking interest or point <a stupid event>
1. Job 11:12 But a STUPID man will get understanding when a wild donkey's colt is born a man!
2. ***A STUPID MAN essentially will never get understanding.
3. Psalm 49:10 For he sees that even the wise die; the fool and the STUPID alike must perish and leave their wealth to others.
4. **Like the wise even the fool and THE STUPID die.
5. Psalm 92:6 The STUPID man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this:
6. **The STUPID cannot know the great works of God or God’s thoughts.
7. Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is STUPID.
8. **A person who hates reproof, correction, rebuke is STUPID.
9. Proverbs 30:2-3 Surely I am too STUPID to be a man. I have not the understanding of a man. I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.
10. **One who lacks wisdom, and especially the knowledge of God is STUPID.
11. Jeremiah 4:22 “For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are STUPID children; they have no understanding. They are ‘wise’—in doing evil! But how to do good they know not.”
12. **God’s people are foolish, STUPID and have no understanding because they do not KNOW God. One can only KNOW GOD through His Word.
13. Jeremiah 10:8 They are both STUPID and foolish; the instruction of idols is but wood!
14.**The instruction of idols are both STUPID and foolish.
15. Jeremiah 10:14 Every man is STUPID and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
16. **Those who are idolaters are STUPID.
17. Jeremiah 10:21 For the shepherds are STUPID and do not inquire of the Lord; therefore they have not prospered, and all their flock is scattered.
18. **Those who do not inquire of the LORD are STUPID.
19. Jeremiah 51:17 Every man is STUPID and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.
20. **Those who are idolaters are STUPID.