Friday, July 14, 2023

IF MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY NAME WAS ONLY ISRAEL!!!

IF MY PEOPLE 

WHO ARE CALLED BY NAME….

WAS ONLY ISRAEL!!!



Amazing how this verse is so taken out of its context to make it say what it doesn’t say!
The People in context is NOT people in 2023 USA who think they are Christians!

It is speaking specifically of Israel’s Kingdom, the Temple (God’s House) that King Solomon just built and what to do if God brings drought, locust, pestilence….




2 Chronicles 7:11-18

11 Thus Solomon finished the house of the Lord and the king's house. All that Solomon had planned to do in the house of the Lord and in his own house he successfully accomplished. 12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon in the night and said to him: “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, 14 if MY PEOPLE who are CALLED BY MY NAME humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. 16 For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time. 17 And as for you, if you will walk before me as David your father walked, doing according to all that I have commanded you and keeping my statutes and my rules, 18 then I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man to rule Israel.’



Isaiah 43:1-7

But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O JACOB,
    he who formed you, O ISRAEL:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have CALLED BY MY NAME, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
    Cush and Seba in exchange for you.

Because you are precious in my eyes,
    and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
    peoples in exchange for your life.

5 Fear not, for I am with you;
    I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.

6 I will say to the north, Give up,
    and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth,

7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”



Jeremiah 7:1-4

The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Stand in the gate of the Lord's house, and proclaim there this word, and say, Hear the word of the Lord, all you men of JUDAH who enter these gates to worship the Lord. Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of ISRAEL: Amend your ways and your deeds, and I will let you dwell in this place. Do not trust in these deceptive words: ‘This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord.’


Jeremiah 7:9-14

Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, make offerings to Baal, and go after other gods that you have not known, 10 and then come and stand before me in THIS HOUSE, which is CALLED BY MY NAME, and say, ‘We are delivered!’—only to go on doing all these abominations?  11 Has THIS HOUSE, which is CALLED BY MY NAME, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, I myself have seen it, declares the Lord. 12 Go now to my place that was in Shiloh, where I made my name dwell at first, and see what I did to it because of the evil of my people Israel. 13 And now, because you have done all these things, declares the Lord, and when I spoke to you persistently you did not listen, and when I called you, you did not answer, 14 therefore I will do to THE HOUSE that is CALLED BY MY NAME, and in which you trust, and to the place that I gave to you and to your fathers, as I did to Shiloh. 15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I cast out all your kinsmen, all the offspring of Ephraim.


30

“For the sons of Judah have done evil in my sight, declares the Lord. They have set their detestable things in THE HOUSE that is CALLED BY MY NAME, to defile it.




Jeremiah 15:15-17

O Lord, you know;
    remember me and visit me,
    and take vengeance for me on my persecutors.
In your forbearance take me not away; know that for your sake I bear reproach.

16  Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heartfor I am CALLED BY YOUR NAME, O Lord, God of hosts.

17 I did not sit in the company of revelers, nor did I rejoice;

I sat alone, because your hand was upon me, for you had filled me with indignation.



Jeremiah 25:29

For behold, I begin to work disaster at THE CITY that is CALLED BY MY NAME, and shall you go unpunished? You shall not go unpunished, for I am summoning a sword against all the inhabitants of the earth, declares the Lord of hosts.’





Jeremiah 32:34
They set up their abominations in THE HOUSE that is CALLED BY MY NAME, to defile it.



Jeremiah 34:14-16

14 ‘At the end of seven years each of you must set free the fellow Hebrew who has been sold to you and has served you six years; you must set him free from your service.’ But your fathers did not listen to me or incline their ears to me. 15 You recently repented and did what was right in my eyes by proclaiming liberty, each to his neighbor, and you made a covenant before me in THE HOUSE that is CALLED BY MY NAME, 16 but then you turned around and profaned my name when each of you took back his male and female slaves, whom you had set free according to their desire, and you brought them into subjection to be your slaves.



Daniel 9:17-19

 Now therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for your own sake, O Lord, make your face to shine upon your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline your ear and hear. Open your eyes and see our desolations, and THE CITY that is CALLED BY MY NAME. For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy. 19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because YOUR CITY and YOUR PEOPLE are CALLED BY MY NAME.”




Amos 9:11-12

“In that day I will raise up
    the booth of David that is fallen
and repair its breaches,
    and raise up its ruins
    and rebuild it as in the days of old,

12 that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations who are CALLED BY MY NAME,”declares the Lord who does this.



Acts 15:16-19

“‘After this I will return,
and I will rebuild the tent of David that has fallen; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will restore it,

17  that the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who are CALLED BY MY NAME, says the Lord, who makes these things 18 known from of old.’

19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God,



@@@ Notice how those in Amos, the remnant of Edom (Israel) and the nations (scattered Israel) who are called by God’s Name are those in Acts, the gentiles, not only Called by God’s Name but appointed. 


Acts 13:48

And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment