Sunday, March 3, 2019

THE MASTER DOCTOR by Tuese Ahkiong 2019

THE MASTER DOCTOR: 
The need for a Heart Transplant 
by Tuese Ahkiong  2019


Mark 2  A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by four of them. 4Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. 5When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." 


1.Why were the 4 friends trying to get their paralyzed friend to Jesus?
2.Why couldn’t the 4 friends get the paralyzed man to Jesus?
3.What did the 4 friends do to get their friend Jesus?
4.How are the 4 friends like a team?
5.How can Christians team up and rescue people paralyzed by sin?

 6Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7"Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

1.   What does it mean to blaspheme?
2.   Why did the teachers of law think that Jesus was blaspheming?

 8Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things? 9Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'? 10But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins..." He said to the paralytic, 11"I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." 12He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!" 

1.What was Jesus saying about himself when he commanded that the paralyzed man to “Get up, take your mat and walk?”
2.What spiritual transaction was Jesus demonstrating by healing the paralytic?  Often times, God demonstrates a spiritual reality by performing a physical sign or miracle.

15While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" 
 17On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

1. Why are Pharisees upset with Jesus eating with sinners and tax collectors?          
2. Who alludes to being healthy or who thought they were not sick with sin?
3. Who knew they needed a doctor? 
4. How is knowing you are sick an act of grace?
5. Why are healthy, righteous people not called? 

Mark 7:20 And he (Jesus) said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. 21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

 

Jer 13:23 Can an Ethiopian change the color of his skin?  Can a leopard take away its spots?  Neither can you start doing good,for you have always done evil.


1.What do these to passages say about the heart and condition of man?

Psalm 51:1-17 Have mercy on me, O God,
 according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy 
blot out my transgressions.  2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is ever before me.Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you may be justified in your words
and blameless in your judgment.Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being,
and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice. 9 Hide your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.  11 Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.  12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
 and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
    and sinners will return to you.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God,
    God of my salvation,
    and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it;
    you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Who performs the heart transplant and creates a clean heart and new spirit?  
How does this happen?


2 Cor 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Who has power to give you a new start, a new beginning, a new life?

No comments:

Post a Comment