Wednesday, February 13, 2019

PRESENT By Tuese Ahkiong

PRESENT
By Tuese Ahkiong

pres·ent1
Dictionary result for present
/ˈprez(ə)nt/ 
adjective
1.    1. 
in a particular place.
"a doctor must be present at the ringside"
synonyms:
in attendance, attending, heretherenearnearby, at hand, close/near at hand, adjacentavailableready
accounted for
"a doctor must be present at the ringside"


o    
2.    2. 
existing or occurring now.
"she did not expect to find herself in her present situation"
synonyms:
currentpresent-dayexistingcontemporaryimmediate
archaicinstant
"in the present climate jobs are hard to come by"
o    
noun
1.    1. 
the period of time now occurring.
"they are happy and at peace, refusing to think beyond the present"
synonyms:
nowtoday, the present time, the here and now, this day and age, the present moment, the time being
"forget the past and think about the present"
    


  1. give or award formally or ceremonially.
    "a celebrity will present the prizes"
    synonyms:hand over, give, give out, dispense, hand out, conferbestowawardgrantdonategiftaccordextendentrustfurnish
    "Eddy will present the check to the winner"
  2. 2. 
    formally introduce (someone) to someone else.
    "may I present my wife?"
    synonyms:introduce, make known, acquaint someone with, make acquainted with
    "may I present my wife?"

The life/ ministry of Christ and the writing of the New Testament occurred between 4BC-66AD.  When the word “PRESENT” is used, it is referring to this time frame and bible geographical location in the 1stcentury.  Have this in mind when reading the following passages:

You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the PRESENT TIME?
    
THERE WERE SOME PRESENT AT THAT VERY TIMEwho told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
    
    
SO IN THE PRESENT CASE I TELL YOU, keep away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or this undertaking is of man, it will fail;
    
        
And as he reasoned about righteousness and self-control and the coming judgment, Felix was alarmed and said, “GO AWAY FOR THE PRESENT. When I get an opportunity I will summon you.”
    
And Festus said, “King Agrippa and ALL WHO ARE PRESENT WITH US, you see this man about whom the whole Jewish people petitioned me, both in Jerusalem and here, shouting that he ought not to live any longer.
    
It was to show his righteousness at the PRESENT TIME, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
    
For I consider that the sufferings of this PRESENT TIMEare not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
    
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
    
So too at the PRESENT TIMEthere is a remnant, chosen by grace.
        
AT PRESENT,however, I am going to Jerusalem bringing aid to the saints.
    
whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or THE PRESENT or the future—all are yours,
    
TO THE PRESENT HOURwe hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless,
    
For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and MY SPIRIT IS PRESENT, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
    
I think that in view of THE PRESENT DISTRESSit is good for a person to remain as he is.
    
and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For THE PRESENT FORM OF THIS WORLD IS PASSING AWAY.
    
What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.
        
your abundance at the PRESENT TIMEshould supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness.
    
I beg of you that WHEN I AM PRESENT I may not have to show boldness with such confidence as I count on showing against some who suspect us of walking according to the flesh.
    
Let such a person understand that what we say by letter when absent, WE DO WHEN PRESENT.
    
For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, TO PRESENT YOU AS A PURE VIRGIN TO CHRIST.
    
I warned those who sinned before and all the others, and I warn them now while absent, as I did WHEN PRESENT ON MY SECOND VISIT, that if I come again I will not spare them—
    
who gave himself for our sins TO DELIVER US FROM THE PRESENT EVIL AGE, according to the will of our God and Father,
    
It is always good to be made much of for a good purpose, and NOT ONLY WHEN I AM PRESENT WITH YOU,
    
I WISH I COULD BE PRESENT WITH YOU NOWand change my tone, for I am perplexed about you.
    
Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia; she corresponds to THE PRESENT JERUSALEM,for she is in slavery with her children.
        
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over THIS PRESENT DARKNESS, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
    
for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise FOR THE PRESENT LIFE and also for the life to come.
    
As for the rich IN THIS PRESENT AGE, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. 
    
For Demas, IN LOVE WITH THIS PRESENT WORLD,has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.
    
training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives IN THE PRESENT AGE,
    
putting everything in subjection under his feet.” Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. AT PRESENT,we do not yet see everything in subjection to him.
    
(which is symbolic for THE PRESENT AGE).According to this arrangement, gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the conscience of the worshiper,
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment