Sunday, January 13, 2019

Genesis 12 Abram Bless and Curse

So, I was studying Genesis 12 this morning and have some thoughts:
It's interesting how many futurist and dispensationalist use this passage to describe blessing the nation state of Israel even though Israel ain't even present until a few hundred years later. Israel was in the loins of Abram. Plus, the Arabs also came from Abraham. 
Who were the families of the earth? I believe it is limited to the families/ tribes of the covenant people. 
HEAVEN AND EARTH is often used to describe the covenant people of the land (eretz or Ge)
Genesis 12 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment