Monday, August 31, 2015

A Response to my Muslim friend's post, "Jesus Teaching vs. The Church" by Tuese

A Response to my Muslim friend's post, "Jesus Teaching vs. The Church"
by Tuese Ahkiong


I noticed this post on my Muslim friend's wall and wanted to respond.  





1)  THE BIBLE TEACHES THAT THERE IS ONE GOD REVEALED IN 3 PERSONS: FATHER, SON & HOLY SPIRIT
Philippians 1:2   Grace to you and peace from GOD OUR FATHER and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 1:8  But OF THE SON he says, “Your throne, O GOD, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart TO LIE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land? While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? YOU HAVE NOT LIED TO MAN BUT TO GOD.”


2)  JESUS IS WORSHIPPED AND ONLY GOD CAN BE WORSHIPPED. TO WORSHIP ANYONE ELSE IS SIN. 
Matthew 2:11  And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and WORSHIPED HIM. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.
Matthew 14:33  And those in the boat WORSHIPED HIM, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matthew 28:9  And behold, Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came up and took hold of his feet and WORSHIPED HIM.
Matthew 28:17  And when they saw him they WORSHIPED HIM, but some doubted.
Luke 24:52  And they WORSHIPED HIM and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
John 9:38  He said, “Lord, I believe,” and he WORSHIPED HIM.
Hebrews 1:6  And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels WORSHIP HIM.”


3)  YES, JESUS WAS SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL BUT HE HAS OTHER SHEEP AS HE STATES HERE:
John 10:15-16  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR THE SHEEP. 16 And I HAVE OTHER SHEEP THAT ARE NOT OF THIS FOLD. I MUST BRING THEM ALSO, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

JESUS DIED FOR SINNERS WHO PLACE THEIR FAITH IN HIM.
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE.
1 Timothy 1:15  The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.

4)  CHRIST IS GOD SO YES HE CAN DO ALL THINGS AS GOD.
Luke 10:22 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
1 Corinthians 8:6  yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.


5)  SCRIPTURE TEACHES THAT JESUS IS GIVEN ALL JUDGMENT.
John 5:22  The Father judges no one, but has GIVEN ALL JUDGMENT TO THE SON,


6)  ALL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO JESUS.   THE CHURCH DOES NOT TEACH THAT IT IS HIS ALONE.
Matthew 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.


7)  YES, THE BIBLE TEACHES JESUS IS GOD IN THE FLESH.
John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Exodus 3:14  God said to Moses,I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.
John 1:14  AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of THE ONLY SON FROM THE FATHER, full of grace and truth.

John 10:30-33  I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.”
31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you BUT FOR BLASPHEMY, because YOU, being a man, MAKE YOURSELF GOD.”
John 20:28  Thomas answered him (Christ), “My Lord and MY GOD!”

Colossians 2:9  For in him (Christ) THE WHOLE FULLNESS OF DEITY DWELLS BODILY,

Philippians 2:5-8  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in CHRIST JESUS, WHO, THOUGH HE WAS IN THE FORM OF GOD, DID NOT COUNT EQUALITY WITH GOD a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

**THE COMFORTER THAT WOULD BE SENT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT.

John 14:26But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.



8)  BELIEVING IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TO BE SAVED  FROM THE PENALTY OF YOUR SIN AND TO RECEIVE THE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE, AND THE PEACE & LOVE OF GOD.
Acts 16:31  And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
John 3:16   “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have ETERNAL LIFE.
John 3:36  Whoever believes in the Son has ETERNAL LIFE; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
John 5:24  Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has ETERNAL LIFE. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
John 6:40  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have ETERNAL LIFE, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

1 John 5:13  I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have ETERNAL LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment