In the Old Testament, YHWH’s ELECT/ CHOSEN/ CALLED was Israel
Isaiah 45:4
For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my CHOSEN, I call you by your name, I name you, though you do not know me.
Isaiah 43:1
But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have CALLED you by name, you are mine.
Isaiah 44:1
“But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have CHOSEN!
Isaiah 41:8-9
But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have CHOSEN, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; 9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have CHOSEN YOU and not cast you off”;
Isaiah 49:7
This is what the Lord says— THE REDEEMER AND HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL— to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: “Kings will see you and stand up, princes will see and bow down, because of the Lord, who is faithful, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL, WHO HAS CHOSEN YOU.”
Psalm 135:4
For the Lord has CHOSEN JACOB TO BE HIS OWN, ISRAEL TO BE HIS TREASURED POSSESSION.
In The New Testament, Israel is still YHWH's ELECT being REGATHERED by The Gospel that was only for them!
Matthew 24:31
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his ELECT from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other
1 Peter 1:1-2
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who are ELECT EXILES OF THE DISPERSION in Pontus, GALATIA, Cappadocia, ASIA, and Bithynia, 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.
**The Elect were the remnant of Israel chosen by YHWH and dispersed/ scattered by Him. They were brought back into fellowship with YHWH through the Gospel which was ONLY for them. Notice that the elect were dispersed among the pagan GENTILE NATIONS. Interesting how biblical Asia is not where we see modern Asia on the maps today.

No comments:
Post a Comment