THE GOSPEL IN A NUTSHELL
by Tuese Ahkiong
The word, “Gospel” means Good News. The good news is good news because there’s bad news. The bad news is man has sinned against God. Sin is missing the mark by breaking the law of God, doing what is wrong when one knows what is right, it is living life man’s way instead of God’s way. Sin has a penalty of perishing, eternal separation from God’s loving presence, death. The Good News is Yeshua lived the perfect life in the place of His people, died for the sins of His people and therefore those who believe in Him by grace are blessed with peace with God, eternal life, salvation, heaven, Yeshua in one’s life. Grace is the free gift of God which is something one cannot be earned, deserved, or merited. Yeshua is The Gospel. Yeshua is The Good News.
Justice - getting what you deserve.
Justice - getting what you deserve.
Mercy - not getting what you deserve.
Grace - getting what you do not deserve.
Within the Christian worldview, man deserves the justice of death for the wages of his sin against an infinitely Holy God.
The only reason that a breathing man still breathes is because God is rich in mercy in not immediately giving him what he deserves.
Nobody can earn, merit, or deserve heaven as something owed to them. God has chosen to bless many in giving them what they do not deserve; His Amazing Grace.- The gift of forgiveness, peace, God's everlasting love, joy, a new life, and most importantly, GOD Himself dwelling with and in them.
1. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him
should not perish but have eternal life.
2. John 1:12-13 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
3. John 14:6 Jesus *said to him,
4. Romans 10:9-10 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
5. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
6. 1 John 5:12-13 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.
7. Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.17 For init the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written,“The righteous shall live by faith.”
8. Acts 16:30-32 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.
9. Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
10. Galatians 2:16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
11. 1 Corinthians 15:1-5 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.